Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Odo gone dark

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 02:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Odo gone dark

'98 T/A, not WS6. The odometer is functioning, but there is not backlight so the sun has to hit it just right to see mileage and trip miles. Any ideas what fuses or bulb to check? This is not related to any changes or installations that I can remember as it has been going on for years. It comes back on very rare, and random ocassions.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Raleigh TA
'98 T/A, not WS6. The odometer is functioning, but there is not backlight so the sun has to hit it just right to see mileage and trip miles. Any ideas what fuses or bulb to check? This is not related to any changes or installations that I can remember as it has been going on for years. It comes back on very rare, and random ocassions.
Its lit up by 3 surface mount LEDs, so I don't think thats the problem. I'd pull it apart and make sure the ribbon cable is connected and the little tabs you bend are making contact because I wanna say there the ground, not don't hold me to it.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in my camaro when i took my odo off there was a 194 bulb behind it that made it light up... hope this helps. oh ya and it only acted as a backlight also not actually lighting up the miles/trip.