Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

HID headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 04:57 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HID headlights

I've been looking for HID headlights and I remember distinctly a webpage a long time ago which I think had a dark/black header at the top and I think the rear view of a Subaru in the foreground of the header. Though that's not too important what interested me were the HID kits available for Camaros, which were plug and play. They even had HID kits for the foglights, which would also be nice to have instead of having nice, bright HID headlamps and dim, pee-colored fogs. IIRC the kits ranged from around $150-220.

Forgive me if there's a sponsor that sells these. I looked on the sponsor list and even did a couple of searches, both on google and LS1tech. Most of our sponsors are performance parts sellers and of the sites that I've checked, none of them have HID kits available. I did find this site on google:

http://www.carhidkits.com/chevrolet-...o-hid-kit-137/

edit: just found this guy on Corvetteforum: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...-motoring.html

I'm interested in the 6000K set. Also, would that HID relay harness at the bottom help? Not looking for a retrofit kit or anything.... would love to but I'm kinda nervous about that and plus its $$$. And while we're at it, how about the adjustments for the lights (angling them vertically or horizontally) I searched and used the Lighting FAQ and neither said nothing about where the adjustments are, though I did find out that they're Torx.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to make it clear that I did try to find answers on my own and thanks in advance.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:07 AM
On The Tree

Does anybody have these for the newer Trans ams?? I have been wanting a decent priced 8k for my car or 10k?
Old 11-17-2008, 10:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You can get HIDs on ebay. Most of them are the same. Or you can PM Brian2006 for HIDs. I myself always recommend a relay harness.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

All of my cars have HIDs in all headlights/fogs. And there is a differance in cheap and high end. I like the new slim style alot. It is hard to hide 6 large ballasts.

Also be carefull as some say 55watts or 75watts but they are all about the same 35-55watts. There are real 75watts and 100watts but they don't fit stock cars.

NOTE: It is very important to run relays and new wires with these kits.

I know many people will say no but I have done tons of these and also seen many "plug and plays" burn wires and melt fuse boxes. Or make humming noises. the relay harness is SO easy to install.

THe high end store I worked at sold these from $450 installed to $1000 installed. and with the relay harness I could do a install in 30-60 minutes. And even the Phillips and Denso kits are not expensive.

Metra make a realy nice kit also at the same price point you are looking at with a MUCH better company name.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:30 PM
TECH Veteran

pm brian2006. He knows a great place with great deals. Love my HIDs