Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Compustar Remote Starts - Any good?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 11:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Compustar Remote Starts - Any good?

any complaints?

decent remote start?
Old 11-17-2008, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Simple answer is yes. But like anything there is low line and high end.

We where doing the highest model all the time. It had the built it pager and the most distance of any alarm. ony thing i didn't like was the non-labled buttons compaired to say DEI simple lock and unlock picture. I know you can flip them over and read the fine print.

I have always had and installed and sold DEI 2ways. they are low cost and great units. They have changed there line up allot. but DEI is the largest aftermarket electronic company. if you go to there web site they own like 50 name brands. Clifford is there highest line if I remember right! The remote data port is a great option.

As far as data interfaces go look around as that is a day by day changing deal. Trilogic, datalink,dei, ect....

My car will be rewired 100% to a race only system but it will still have a alarm. DEI Python 2way. Nothing crazy high end but if I worry about my car I will just not drive it to bad places or I will upgrade to the GPS tracking.

Now tht is IMO the best system in the world.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, Compustar is good. IMO DEI is slightly better.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:14 PM
Banned

Compustar is Great. Dei is Good.

dei has had to Buy out brands to get everyone elses Patents. Eating up alot of good companies, Like Clifford/avital and then last year AutoStart.

I like compustart cause there made out of canada, They will work in the extreme cold weather, and there range is Top Notch. They have many Built in Features which allows them alot of options. Personally I like simple and effective, I dont need all the features. all i use my system for is lock and unlock and remote start.

Quick Reply: Compustar Remote Starts - Any good?