Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

relays

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 06:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default relays

Can anyone tell me where the parking lamp relay and the hatch release relay are? I am still trying to pin point that electrical issue and it seems to be where the power accessories are.

Thanks
Old 11-19-2008, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

why did u convert from A4 to M6 ?
Old 11-19-2008, 06:45 PM
Teching In

I think you have me confused with someone else. My car has always been a 6 speed.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:16 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

The hatch release relay is under the left side of the dash next to the large 48-pin connector.

There is no parking lamp relay - at least not as a separate component. The tail lights are wired directly from the headlight switch with no relay. The front parking lights are routed through the DRL module (which has internal relays) which controls switching between daytime running lights, turn signals and parking lights.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:41 PM
Teching In

thanks for the info man. I was reading the owners manual when I made the post and the sections on the fuses said the under the power accessories fuse the following were powered through the fuse: Parking lamp relay, power mirror switch, rear hatch relay, radio, and instrument cluster. I am trying to unplug each thing to try and find it but this is getting a little frustrating. I might leave this one to the pros.