Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Speaker help

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 10:04 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker help

So i blew my passenger front speaker the other day... W.e its stock.. I am not a big music person.. As you cant really here 90% of the time. At the same time my two rear seat speakers i always seemed to have a problem with so it was never as bassy as it should

I tried doing the rear seat speakers first... For some reason when original speaker was in there if i would hold the two copper wires that where touching the speaker closer together it would work.. But whne let go they wouldnt.. So i said screw it and bought new speakers for there. Tried installing them first.. Nothing.... I did this at a buddies house in the freezing cold so i didnt really have tools to check the wiring. Anyone know where those speakers run to on the monsoon? They run back to the amp? Any ideas or similiar problems?

And for the front... The orig where 4 ohm. And I bought 2 ohm speakers. So theres 4 wires going into the plug. I am not 100% what to do with this on the connection?
Old 11-23-2008, 12:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did u read the FAQ at all, it addresses how to do the speakers on monsoon systems