Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

alarm wont stop going off!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 10:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alarm wont stop going off!

i dont know whats going on with my car...the car first acted up last night around 1 :30 am when the alarm went off, i thought some bum was trying to open the door, and this morning its been going off non stop... there has been a storm so i dont know if the rain has anything to do with it... i lock my car than minutes later the alarm starts going off!... any ideas?
Old 12-16-2008, 10:20 AM
On The Tree

the same thing happened to me i just disconnected the shock sensor and havent had time to mess with it.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:28 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KroMiniX
the same thing happened to me i just disconnected the shock sensor and havent had time to mess with it.
i went outside and disconnected the shock sensor... i noticed there was water around it... will disconnecting it stop the alarm from working?
Old 12-16-2008, 12:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Believe the rest of the system should still work. You can test it by arming the alarm, then open a door with the door key and wait a few seconds - if the key isn't inserted into the ignition within a few seconds alarm should go off.