Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Question about wiring tweeter

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 11:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about wiring tweeter

right now i have infinity kappa 62.7i speakers in the doors. i want to add another set of tweeters to the a pillar. that means ill have a 2 ohm tweeter and 4 ohm tweeter wired on the same signal. will there be any issues with this? is there a better way to wire the pillar tweeters. i want to keep the tweeters wired in the door too.
i have a stock monsoon system. but im pretty sure im getting a new head unit for christmas, if that makes a difference.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wowsers
right now i have infinity kappa 62.7i speakers in the doors. i want to add another set of tweeters to the a pillar. that means ill have a 2 ohm tweeter and 4 ohm tweeter wired on the same signal. will there be any issues with this? is there a better way to wire the pillar tweeters. i want to keep the tweeters wired in the door too.
i have a stock monsoon system. but im pretty sure im getting a new head unit for christmas, if that makes a difference.

i think those are the same ones i have... and u want more highs? wow.... some would say dont do that... i have done it before with my rear speakers.. i have two pair of the kappas one on the door and the other on my middle section... i added added the ones on the rear to the middle ones.. so now i have highs on the door the middle and the rear.. hasnt done anything wrong with my stereo, i also have the stock radio which i am changin it next month... also adding 2 subs in the back... that dude from kee audio knows more.. this is just what i did...