Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Problem with windows rolling up

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with windows rolling up

Hello, I just bought my first Camaro Z28 yesterday and the previous owner told me that his car had been sitting in his garage for about 3 years so the motors in the windows have gone bad. Basically it rolls up and down very slow and many times it will get stuck in the middle. The only way to fix it would be turning the car off, wait a couple minutes, and start it back up. He said he took it to the Chevrolet dealer and the technician told him the motors have gone bad. Would it really be the motors in the window or would it be something else? Also how much do you think it will cost?
Old 12-25-2008, 07:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yep window motors. F-bodies notorious for these sucking. If im not mistaken (hopefully someone can step in here and clear it up) but upgrading to a larger motor helps due to the sheer weight and size of the windows in an f-body will be a lot better. Ive replaced my drivers side twice using stock replacements gettin expensive and annoying really.

motors are not hard to replace if u follow the manual

good luck
Old 12-25-2008, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

in the search thread look for shobox window install, or you should get the window motor replacement links