Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Replacing sail panel speakers.

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing sail panel speakers.

I replaced them with some alpines sps 600, I'm running an alpine head unit and I have alpines in the door. The alpines in the door were hooked up like a sticky on here suggested. But when i installed the sail panel speakers I just hooked up the negative and positives and called it a day. These are coaxial so I was wondering if I should cut the tweeter wires on the speaker? Or it wont make a difference?

Damn it I should have just got some subs
Old 01-13-2009, 11:27 PM
Launching!

I replaced mine with pioneer 3-ways i had an amp and 1 12 in the trunk but i took the sub out and bout 2 3-way 6x9's i wired the sail panel speakers and the 6x9's to the amp i trimed the stock speakers out of the back panel and did a custom mount with the 6x9's where they were all you can see is a amp laying on the back deck with bout 2 inches of wire all hidden the only thing ive heard sound better is full out competition cars it sound amazing if you only want an amp to push you sail panel speakers buy a small 150 or 200 watt amp and call it a day
Old 02-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99LS1Bird
I replaced mine with pioneer 3-ways i had an amp and 1 12 in the trunk but i took the sub out and bout 2 3-way 6x9's i wired the sail panel speakers and the 6x9's to the amp i trimed the stock speakers out of the back panel and did a custom mount with the 6x9's where they were all you can see is a amp laying on the back deck with bout 2 inches of wire all hidden the only thing ive heard sound better is full out competition cars it sound amazing if you only want an amp to push you sail panel speakers buy a small 150 or 200 watt amp and call it a day
I'm kinda confused, did you put the 6x9s in the trunk or in the sail panels?
Old 02-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by osvaldo
I replaced them with some alpines sps 600, I'm running an alpine head unit and I have alpines in the door. The alpines in the door were hooked up like a sticky on here suggested. But when i installed the sail panel speakers I just hooked up the negative and positives and called it a day. These are coaxial so I was wondering if I should cut the tweeter wires on the speaker? Or it wont make a difference?

Damn it I should have just got some subs
The coaxials are not going to be able to reproduce the type of bass that a subwoofer can handle because the SPS-600 coaxials are more of a midrange then a midbass or subwoofer.
IMO you have a couple of options. You can sell the Alpines and get proper subs or you can take the signal from the rear hatch area and wire it to the sails to get full range sound from the sail panel area. Then add a 8"-12" subwoofer with an amp later to get your bass back.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:37 PM
Launching!

I was def planning on running it to the wires from the trunk in my case..