Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Autometer guage Ground and Ignition QUES???

Old 02-02-2009, 02:09 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Autometer guage Ground and Ignition QUES???

I am going to install some autometer guages in my car. Is it ok to run all of the guages of the same ignition power wire or..? Also can i run all of the dimmer wires for the back light allof the same dimmer switch?
Old 02-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Launching!

bump!!
Old 02-02-2009, 04:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i wouldnt.. also depends on what gaugesyour going to have i have a fuel pressure, wideband, aem truboost, and fuel pressure and that seemed like alot of power to pull thru just the ignition so i got a distibution block and 40amp relay and jumped the relay from the abs 25amp fuse and it works fine had it like this for 6months with no issues and i wanted all my gauges to be on a fuse just in case

first relay is for the HID's and second is for the gauges
Old 02-02-2009, 06:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am currently running my auto meter tach and hardwired my radar dector and the XM radio threw the same ignition soruce in the fuse panel by the driver door. If you do this make sure you merge all the wires to a bigger gauge wire.
To the dimmer switch is possible. Just on my car you have to rip apart half the dash to get to it.

Search this Thread