Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Kenwood in Dash Navigation unit, will it fit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 04:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kenwood in Dash Navigation unit, will it fit?

I'm looking at several different things for my camaro, heads, intake, security system and now this Kenwood Navigation unit. The model number is DNX7120 and it's an in dash unit meaning the screen does not come out like my current Jensen does. My question is will it fit? Even with a little trimming of the Stereo bezel? The dimensions are 4-7/16" height, 7-3/16" Width, 6-7/16" Depth. Has anyone installed one of these in their car? I think it would look awesome plus the navigation would be nice to have. Basically I've always wanted one and I have the money but need to see if it'll work. I'd hate to waste $1500.00 on something that won't fit. Thanks
Old 02-04-2009, 06:56 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

YEs all Kenwood units and Pioneer NAV units can fit into your car. The Kenwood 7120 screen does tilt out for cd slot behind screen but will not be an issue. You will however need to cut bezel and modify bezel for the 7120 to work becuase of the screen. The Kenwood is the better choice of the two brands if your main focus is the NAV features as the Kenwood is Garmin based
Here is a pic of a Pioneer Unit installed in a Firebird and one in a Camaro for you to see fitment(sorry flash is on on second pic and it doesnt look at good in pics)

Old 02-04-2009, 07:13 AM
On The Tree

How much trimming is needed to get it in there? Thanks for the pics and info btw!
Old 07-31-2011, 03:11 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DOUBLEDMODS
YEs all Kenwood units and Pioneer NAV units can fit into your car. The Kenwood 7120 screen does tilt out for cd slot behind screen but will not be an issue. You will however need to cut bezel and modify bezel for the 7120 to work becuase of the screen. The Kenwood is the better choice of the two brands if your main focus is the NAV features as the Kenwood is Garmin based
Here is a pic of a Pioneer Unit installed in a Firebird and one in a Camaro for you to see fitment(sorry flash is on on second pic and it doesnt look at good in pics)

This is exactly what I am looking to do for my wife's camaro. Can you tell me more about the mod in the above picture? Thanks
Old 07-31-2011, 05:23 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Here is how I installed a Pioneer AVIC-D3 (similar in size to the Kenwood) in my 2001 Formula:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...installed.html

Quick Reply: Kenwood in Dash Navigation unit, will it fit?