Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Alpine vs. Infinity

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine vs. Infinity

Component speakers, apline type R of Infinity kappa.....with an alpine head unit, an the speakers are 6 an a halfs....what do you think sounds better an louder?? im lookin for clarity not bass
Old 02-08-2009, 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i'd say infinity hands down I'm not to fond of stuff you buy at tweeter and other places like that I buy all my stuff from a car audio shop and they are all mmats if you can afford it. I know the kappa's sound good thought.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:52 PM

the local stereo shop sells the type R's an hes been tryin to talk me into them, but i have the older infinity's in my truck an they sound amazing so i just didnt know
Old 02-08-2009, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

stick with the infinity's
Old 02-08-2009, 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I really like infinity products but I have had problems with them blowing after about a year or so. Alpine is great too. Infinity sound unbelievable when the aren't broken.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Neither...for the money you can do better.
Infinity are thin and harsh sounding IMO. The Alpines are much better speakers then the Infinity's but for the money you can buy better speakers then both of those. I say this from my personal experience with those speakers and several others I've tested in my T/A. I've used 3 different pairs of Infinity's before I sold them off. The Alpines were ok. Bostons sounded good to me. JL's were a disappointment for the amount of coin I put in them.
My CDT's are great with aftermarket amplification for crystal clear highs and great bass. There are other companies like Focal, Rainbow, Boston Acoustic, JBL, and several others that sound better then the 2 mentioned and are still in the same price range.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

I would have to say go with Elemental Designs.
the money savings is huge and the sound quality is amazing on all of ED products
I have Ed in my car and love them.

I am upgrading to the new e9.65i series this spring retail from website only right now is like 185.00
Step down is the e3.65i series for around 135.00

you wont be disappointed in the ED products
Old 02-09-2009, 01:43 AM
Teching In

im no expert but i am familiar with both of these.
in my honest opinion i would say kappa's < typr R <<<<< kappa perfect's
granted the perfects cost a lot more but i had some and wont go cheaper again
good luck!
Old 02-09-2009, 09:20 AM
TECH Resident

Damnit. I am about to replace my crappy old pioneer components, and was looking at the Infinity's.

I'm going to have to investigate these others now...

As for the original question, remember that the infinity's are probably 2ohm, and the alpines are probably 4 ohm. May make a difference depending on what you're pushing them with...

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
Neither...for the money you can do better.
Infinity are thin and harsh sounding IMO. The Alpines are much better speakers then the Infinity's but for the money you can buy better speakers then both of those. I say this from my personal experience with those speakers and several others I've tested in my T/A. I've used 3 different pairs of Infinity's before I sold them off. The Alpines were ok. Bostons sounded good to me. JL's were a disappointment for the amount of coin I put in them.
My CDT's are great with aftermarket amplification for crystal clear highs and great bass. There are other companies like Focal, Rainbow, Boston Acoustic, JBL, and several others that sound better then the 2 mentioned and are still in the same price range.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:34 PM

ALPINE...I have two type r
s in a custom sealed and it knocks hard as hell...matter a fact my WHOLE system is alpine and it sounds crazy clean.. I def recommend Alpine
Old 02-10-2009, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

i have the alpine SPR-17S the sound very nice, if ur gonna put the alpine a amplifier is a must.