Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

alarm problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 01:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alarm problem

I have a 98 z28 with stock keyless entry alarm. just recently when i lock the car either by remote or by locking it internally, i would normally have 2 honks+lights blink, and just the lights blink when locked internally. for some reason now when i lock it either way it does what it's supposed to do normally, but in addition, about 5secs after i get 2 loud honks, as if the alarm is going off. does anyone know why this is doing it all of a sudden?
Old 02-14-2009, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

bump

has anyone ever had this problem?
Old 02-14-2009, 03:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The alarm going off just after arming is usually a shock sensor issue. Don't know why you're just getting 2 honks though. I'd try unplugging the shock sensor in the spare tire area and see if it stops. Take a look inside it for signs of water intrusion too.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I got that once. Happened at about 11PM and woke the neighbors Didn't do it again after that night however. I think my shock sensor is a little funny because if I smack my quarter with the palm of my hand it'll go off but only two honks then go quiet. Weird.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:00 PM
On The Tree

yea it happened again last night,this time it had been locked for atleast 2hrs.

i hear a honk outside, then another, then it kept honking. i used the remote to unlock then lock again. Then 15mins after it did the same thing, so i just locked it manually with the key. ill check the shock sensor and ill give uguys an update.