Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Question for those who have Dynamatted their entire car...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for those who have Dynamatted their entire car...

I've been searching around for information on sound-deadening the entire interior of my car and I've found some good stuff. The one thing I can't find is how long it actually takes to do the whole job. Most people just write that they spent weeks or days.

How long did you actually spend on work to do the job? How difficult is it to pull out and properly re-install the interior for a relative noob to this type of work?
Old 02-15-2009, 05:10 PM
12 Second Club

Before I had my camaro I had an eclipse. It had a decent system and had a lot of road noise so I decided to put sound deadening all around. It took me a full weekend and was a huge pain in the ***. On the good side, our interiors are not at all hard to get apart so that shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

I spent a day doing mine. I planned to use a whole weekend though. It really isn't as bad as it looks pulling the interior out.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:56 AM
TECH Resident

it all depends on how long you are able to work on it. I have spend the last two months installing my Viper 5900 Remote start alarm, 530T window module, CDT speakers, 2 amps, 10" sub in a stealth box, wiring, sound deadening the entire car with a layer of RaaMmat including the door panels, and then adding a layer of closed cell foam (ensolite) over the RaaMmat and im still not finished (well, almost, just have to finish cleaning up the alarm wiring and put the glove box back. I have been working on mine off and on, probably 4 hours a day, 3 days a week.
But if you are just doing the sound deadening and you have an entire weekend (I mean, 12hours per day, for 2 days), then you'll be able to finish it in a weekend.

Quick Reply: Question for those who have Dynamatted their entire car...