Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

hooking up amp

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 04:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hooking up amp

Got a few newb questions. Is there a pre drilled hole *driver or passanger side* where i can run my postive/neg cables for my amp threw the firewall? Also is there a place to ground the amp in the rear of the car?
Old 02-25-2009, 05:45 PM
TECH Resident

yes and yes.

behind the PCM on the passenger side of the car is a huge grommet where you can run your wires. I connected my ground wires to the rear seat belt bolt underneath the rear trim panels.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Where/how are you mounting your amp? rear deck over the fuel tank or amprack in the ttop storage? As said above for the rear deck the bolts near it are excellent. For the TTop storage area, pull the back carpet away from the tail lights and use a ring type wire end secure it to the tail lights with one of their own wingnuts.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:22 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vjo90rs8
yes and yes.

behind the PCM on the passenger side of the car is a huge grommet where you can run your wires. I connected my ground wires to the rear seat belt bolt underneath the rear trim panels.
Literally the EXACT same thing I did!!!!!
Old 02-27-2009, 09:26 AM
12 Second Club

Just make sure when you do ground it, you take a wire brush and clean off any finish or dirt to make a clean connection. This will limit interference.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:23 PM
TECH Regular

From someone in "the car audio biz" take something from everyone here and put it together that best fits your application and willingness to put another how in your car. Grommet through the firewall is the EASIEST way to do it. For your ground, wire brush/paint scrape away some paint down to bare metal; shoot 3 screws through a ring terminal that is crimped (and preferably soldered) onto the end of your ground wire, into the car!