Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Basic wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 09:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Basic wiring question

I'm going to be wiring up a nos purge/arming switch panel. So basically i need a "hot wire". . Usually in the past i've done simple strait forward hook a wire straight to the postive terminal of the battery. . But with they these batterys are designed (i have a 02 trans am) it wont let me do that. So basically how can i add a line?
Old 02-27-2009, 11:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2002redhawk
I'm going to be wiring up a nos purge/arming switch panel. So basically i need a "hot wire". . Usually in the past i've done simple strait forward hook a wire straight to the postive terminal of the battery. . But with they these batterys are designed (i have a 02 trans am) it wont let me do that. So basically how can i add a line?
What do you mean the way the battery designed? If you are talking about the side posts then they make side post "extensions" so that you can add wires to it but if you are just looking for a hot wire then tap into the wire from the cigarette lighter.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:41 AM
On The Tree

yep i use to have a few jeeps and on those ther was a clamp. And you could buy this thing that goes on that clamp and has prongs. and you just hook a wire up to it. Side port extensions what are these?? I dont want to tap the wire...
Old 02-28-2009, 09:01 AM
On The Tree

there should be a post with a nut on the driver side. it runs straight from the battery to your fuse panel under the hood. there should be a red cap over it and you can hook it straight to that and you wont need any taps.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 00MaroVSix
there should be a post with a nut on the driver side. it runs straight from the battery to your fuse panel under the hood. there should be a red cap over it and you can hook it straight to that and you wont need any taps.
Sweet. Thanks.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2002redhawk
yep i use to have a few jeeps and on those ther was a clamp. And you could buy this thing that goes on that clamp and has prongs. and you just hook a wire up to it. Side port extensions what are these?? I dont want to tap the wire...
http://www.autozone.com/selectedZip,.../selectZip.htm