Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Couple audio related question's

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Couple audio related question's

First my two fron door speakers are blown and i am trying to replace them, i know that there are two pairs of wires one for the woofer and one for the tweeter. Anyway i read that infinity made a speaker that was perfect two ohms and had two sets of terminals one for woofer and one for tweeter. The only problem is they stopped making that model speaker and i cant seem to find anyother speaker that is compatible. Is there any other speaker out there that is like the infinity 62.7i coaxial speaker? Secondly I have developed a nasty whine that mimics the acceleration of the car the faster i go the louder it gets this is in the passenger side hatch speaker what causes this and how do i fix it? (My car is a camaro coupe)
Old 03-11-2009, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont know much about coaxial mounted components or what brands have it but i do know kee audio has some.

also, that wine is what often happens when someone puts in a new amp for the speakers. is your sound system all stock? maybe theres a tear in that speaker's wire thats picking up interference from the frame?