Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

newer trans am owners, with door panel experience ? for ya

Old 03-21-2009, 10:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newer trans am owners, with door panel experience ? for ya

i have a 2000 camaro which i have trans am door panels in, im trying to figure out how to wire the tweeter from the t/a into the camaro, where do they connect in on your cars? right on the speaker or is there another wire that comes in from the wiring harness through the door, right now i have a tweeter with 2 wires doing nothing, and a door speaker with 4 wires all connected going to the connector out the door, picture of your 98-02 t/a door panel back side of speakers, or advise is greatly appreciated
Old 03-22-2009, 04:58 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

If you have the Monsoon system in your Camaro then you already have the necessary tweeter wires in your doors. Both the Camaro and Firbird have separate components in the doors - the Firebird has the tweeters mounted separately whereas the Camaro has the tweeters mounted inside the woofer similar to a coaxial speaker.

Just check the speaker wire colors listed in the Monsoon FAQ sticky to split your four wires in each door into the appropriate pairs for the separate woofer and tweeters.

Search this Thread