Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

AC Delco Audio Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Delco Audio Help

My 93 Trans Am has the AC Delco 6 speaker system in it, the amp is located in the passenger side rear sail panel.

When i got the car i replaced the cheap nasty stereo the previous owner had fitted with my Pioneer. Got the wiring colors from someone of this forum.
All seems ok, but hoped to get the sail panel subs working which were previously also not working.

Left it for a few months while i was fixing more importiant things until today where i decided to pull of the passenger sail panel to inspect the amp and check the sub on that side at the same time.

The amp seems fine, looking anyway. Wiring all looks fine, no cuts or joins. Looks all stock.
The sub also looks in great condition.

Tryed the stereo, no sound from sub. Played about with a few settings on it, still no sound from subs.

Thought maby the wiring could be broken or cut to the subs elsewhere, followed the loom right up to were it dissapears under the dash. All looks fine.

Decided to try and unplug the block connector from the Amp and turn the stereo on. Expected to hear nothing, but got sound as normal

Now im totally confused...all the wiring at the HU end seemed stock, the connector block had been cut off but all the wire colors matched up with the info i got.
Every speaker works apart from the sail panel subs, but even with the amp unplugged everything works the same.....

Have i missed something??

Any help would be great.
Thanks
Paul
Old 03-30-2009, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if i recall the factory amp only powers the sail panel speakers, the hatch and door speakers are powered by the radio

meaning that u either have a blown fuse on ur factory amp or even more likely is the turn on wire isnt connected behind the radio
Old 03-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Teching In

Hmm interesting, sounds promising....

So, help me out here as bit cause im a bit of a noob but where can i find the amp fuse, And what colour is the amp turn on wire and does it just splice into to the switchable power for the HU?

Thanks for the info

paul
Old 03-30-2009, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Any help guys?
Gonna have a look tommorow while ive still got the sail panel off.

Thanks
Paul