Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Monsoon amp? Where?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Monsoon amp? Where?

I have the 10 speaker 500 watt monsoon system in my car, I can't seem to locate the factory amplifier. It should be near the alarm sensor at the rear passenger side fender wall according to what I have read on here. It is not there? Sound system sounds great though through all 10 speakers and I'm sure the head unit alone wouldn't be able to power all of these and sound as good. Am I missing something, where could it be? What does it look like? Thanks
Old 04-08-2009, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

theres a pic in the faq. its small and not really 500 watts.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I 've read that sticky from front to back before and I don't see my amp where that one should be. Also the spare tire looks to be in a totally different place on my car. On my hawk the spare is under the floor boards in the trunk. This one looks to be up on it's side or something. I have located the alarm sensor and don't see any black item in there that looks to be like an amp though. I wonder if they placed them anywhere else by any chance? Like on the drivers side. Hmmm.

edit: oooops! thinking of my other car. That is where my spare is, but no amp I will be pulling off more panels soon I'm afraid.

Last edited by oddwraith; 04-08-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

look through my old thread its : If You Haven't Seen the Monsoon Amplifier (PICs) Now is Ur Chance + My Upgrades

hope that helps.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

pic from the help of WhiteBird00 FAQ

Old 04-08-2009, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well it helped me to figure out that my previous post was wrong. That IS in fact where my spare tire is (thinking of my other car lol). But no sign of the amp in that spot. I think it might be somewhere else perhaps. I read most of your thread but have to go to work for now so I will have to read more later. Thanks though man.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Engine_HP
pic from the help of WhiteBird00 FAQ

Yeah I saw that pic too. Just doesn't match mine for amp location. I can't believe that I don't have one with my monsoon hu though. It sounds to good and bassy for a hu only powered 10 speaker car lol. Thanks again.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

you first owner? you sure the speakers are stock? maybe theres an aftermarket amp in there somewhere. theres no way even an aftermarket hu can power a 10 speaker system on its own.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Flaring Afro
you first owner? you sure the speakers are stock? maybe theres an aftermarket amp in there somewhere. theres no way even an aftermarket hu can power a 10 speaker system on its own.
I know that's what I mean. There must be something I'm missing.

edit. I am not the first owner, it was a doctor's car. But I'm not sure about the speakers. Can't wait to get at it this Easter weekend (it's in storage see) because I'm anxious to try looking at some of the suggestions given to me on here.

Last edited by oddwraith; 04-08-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

hmmm... that picture looks familiar.....

BTW, that is my car and its a 2001 Formula with the 10-speaker Monsoon. I added the XM, its not stock.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by VIP1
hmmm... that picture looks familiar.....

BTW, that is my car and its a 2001 Formula with the 10-speaker Monsoon. I added the XM, its not stock.
Lol, small world aint it?
Old 04-09-2009, 08:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

take the grills off the speakers and look in and see if they are stock. you have to take the door panel off to replace, but not to look.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:50 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Lol, small world aint it?
Actually, I posted that pic with the labels a while back when some one else was asking where the stock Monsoon amp is located. I remember some people cracking up when I labeled the spare tire.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

take the grills off the speakers and look in and see if they are stock. you have to take the door panel off to replace, but not to look.
What would they be if they were stock again? I can't remember what these systems come with anymore. To be honest I haven't looked that hard for the amp, just in the usual place near the shock sensor. The only work I personally have done is the ipod mod. But if it is aftermarket speakers than maybe you are right and the amp is elsewhere. Hmmmm, I have listened to all the speakers after not finding the amp just to ensure that they are all working and they seem to be. Although, is it not that case that there are only eight locations for the speakers with the sail panel ones being doubled up? Like two speakers behind each grill somewhere? (so really only eight grills but ten speakers?) My hu does say monsoon and that should indicate a 10 speaker system since it's not a vert if I'm not mistaken? I will look into those speakers as soon as I can get at my car this Easter weekend Thanks for the tip.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by VIP1
Actually, I posted that pic with the labels a while back when some one else was asking where the stock Monsoon amp is located. I remember some people cracking up when I labeled the spare tire.

Lol, yeah I couldn't help but notice that myself lmao.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

What would they be if they were stock again? I can't remember what these systems come with anymore. To be honest I haven't looked that hard for the amp, just in the usual place near the shock sensor. The only work I personally have done is the ipod mod. But if it is aftermarket speakers than maybe you are right and the amp is elsewhere. Hmmmm, I have listened to all the speakers after not finding the amp just to ensure that they are all working and they seem to be. Although, is it not that case that there are only eight locations for the speakers with the sail panel ones being doubled up? Like two speakers behind each grill somewhere? (so really only eight grills but ten speakers?) My hu does say monsoon and that should indicate a 10 speaker system since it's not a vert if I'm not mistaken? I will look into those speakers as soon as I can get at my car this Easter weekend Thanks for the tip.
if stock they will be cheap, black generic looking and have a flat surface instead of a cone that is lower in middle.

and we have a tweeter and mid in front, mid bass in sails, and tweeter and 4" mid in rear. so yes, 10.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Lol, yeah I couldn't help but notice that myself lmao.
Well some people need labels.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

if stock they will be cheap, black generic looking and have a flat surface instead of a cone that is lower in middle.

and we have a tweeter and mid in front, mid bass in sails, and tweeter and 4" mid in rear. so yes, 10.

Okay thanks a lot man. I am going tomorrow and I'll post up what I find. If I don't go tomorrow I'll go Sunday for sure. Can't wait to get her out of her slumber!!!! Bwahhahahahahah!
Old 04-12-2009, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lol, Okay I found it. Wasn't looking quite hard enough In fact I don't know how the hell I kept overlooking it? Thanks a bunch everyone.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:06 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Lol, Okay I found it. Wasn't looking quite hard enough In fact I don't know how the hell I kept overlooking it? Thanks a bunch everyone.
So where is it?