Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Window Motor Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 01:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Window Motor Question

Anyone know what my issue could be...my driver window will never have a problem going down, but will be very temperamental when going up. Sometimes it will go halfway up, then stop, and I'll have to wait for a few seconds, then it will go up a bit more, wait....and so on. Sometimes it will go all the way up without an issue. So, I'm not sure, is this the regulator or the window motor? I know one of the two needs to be replaced. So, where is a good place to by said parts as well. Also, are there any guides for removal of the door panels?

Thanks for any help.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its failing replace it. It takes far less power to run the window down compared to up. Eventually even down will start acting up. Regulator/Motor are one unified piece i believe. There are only a few screws to remove to get the panel off. one is on the lock plate. remove it with a number2 phillips. there are 3 on the door panel itself to remove. on at the top of the grip and two at the bottom. remove those with a number3 phillips. also remove the triangle piece near the mirror with a number2.

after that you will have to work that lock plate off. its a bit of a pain but not to difficult. reach behind it after pulliing it out and remove the metal lock shaft from the back of the slider. rotate the plate and slide it off the door release handle. Pull the switch control panel up out of the door. it should release with a good pull as its just held in with tension clips.

disconnect the wires. and lift the door panel up and off.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, I planned on replacing both motors, since I plan on replacing both the front speakers. But I wasn't sure if the motor and the regulator were the same piece. So, thank you for answering my questions.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

dont replace. theres a sponsor that sells a kit that reroutes electricity to the motor. it makes it work like (or better than) new again. since no one has chimed in i'll take a quick look to see if i can find it.

EDIT: here. http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=2055

Last edited by Flaring Afro; 04-13-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, I'm thinking I might just replace the motor, and do that mod as well. Anyone know the best place to get the motor? I looked at GM Parts Direct, and I looked at Autozone. But I wasn't sure which would be the best option. Although, Autozone has a LLT warranty on their motors. So, maybe I'll go that route.