Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Cheapest/Best place to get turn housings?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 09:24 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cheapest/Best place to get turn housings?

I see them on E-Bay for $30 shipped or GMPartsDirect for like $37 each shipped. Any difference in quality or someone know a better place? My right side is cracked so I am going to get two new ones. Just wondered if anyone has sampled the offerings out there for better construction.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive bought ebay clear lenses and had good results in the past. Just verify their feedback and maybe run a bead of RTV around the seals to prevent potential leaking.

If it's for a Camaro, I have a factory lightly used set I would ship for $25. If it's for your Trans Am, the ebay route is probably best.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:50 PM
11 Second Club

Got my E-Bay ones today and they are very good quality. I gave them the air test and no leaks except at the black plug/cap at the rear. What is that there for anyways? I was thinking about sealing it! These over the GM ones
Old 04-24-2009, 10:27 PM
11 Second Club

Just wanted to share the bad!

I didn't really check to see if the mounting screws went in okay. Well they don't and I broke one off and had to drill into it to get another one in. You will find that you will need to go up two drill sizes and run the screws all the way in before putting them in place so you know they will go okay.

Other than that these are nice!