Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Hatch Speakers not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 01:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hatch Speakers not working

So I've looked around and I can't find my answer, so maybe someone can help me. My hatch speaker are not working. I'm getting power to them, but no sound. 4" Alpine-SPS-400. (I have cheeked the speakers and they work) I must assume that it is the stock amp give me the problem , but do I need a new one. Can any one help.

Didn't cheek with a multimeter as it has taken a poop on me. I cheek for power with a light tester. Looking for a multimeter to see what voltage.

Note:
I just replace the HU, Alpine IDA-X100 and front speakers Alpine SPS-600C, added a one (1) sub Rockford Fosgate T110D2, and a Alpine MRP-M500 Amp
and used PAC steering wheel controller.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:55 PM
Staging Lane

A multimeter for signal and continuity would be the first/second step, since your meter is out you have other more labor intensive options.

Let me ask you this stupid question, have you ever heard them play in your car and did you do the radio install?
Old 04-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Teching In

The have work before when I first got the car. He had some 6X9 but before giving me the car he got me new hatch panels with speaker because be cut the old one to hell to fit the 6X9. the speakers didn't work after that. I thought it was because the speakers were from the junk yard. Yes I did to the install my self. I used an adapter so I would my have to cut the stock harness.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hatch speakers out? Is there some sort of problem? It's like your car is trying to tell you - hatch speakers suck.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Deviant Z28
So I've looked around and I can't find my answer, so maybe someone can help me. My hatch speaker are not working. I'm getting power to them, but no sound. 4" Alpine-SPS-400. (I have cheeked the speakers and they work) I must assume that it is the stock amp give me the problem , but do I need a new one. Can any one help.

Didn't cheek with a multimeter as it has taken a poop on me. I cheek for power with a light tester. Looking for a multimeter to see what voltage.

Note:
I just replace the HU, Alpine IDA-X100 and front speakers Alpine SPS-600C, added a one (1) sub Rockford Fosgate T110D2, and a Alpine MRP-M500 Amp
and used PAC steering wheel controller.
What do you mean you checked them for power. The speakers aren't powered, they just get an audio signal.
The best thing to do would be download a 60Hz, 1kHz, or whatever signal from the internet, burn it onto a CD or put it in your iPOD, play it, and measure the AC Voltage between + and - on the speaker. You should see 1-10VAC depending on your volume setting. If you do not see anything then run the wires back to the stock amp to see if they are connected properly. If you need a stock amp, I have one that is just sitting in my garage, worked perfectly before I took it out.