Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

No sound....Bose

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 09:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No sound....Bose

I have a 1996 with the factory Bose system. Something was draining my battery severly and when I took it into the shop they determined it was the Delco factory CD player. So I had a Pioneer put in by Best Buy (my first mistake). At the time I did not know that it would be such a problem to put in a new head unit with the Bose system. The guy at Best Buy kept told me I had to have all kinds of adapters, and I told him to do what he had to do, I just wanted it to work correctly, that is why I took it to Best Buy and not doing it myself. It worked for about a month and then the battery ran down all the way again one day. I pulled out the head unit to see if there was something wrong and I found a mess. There was so much going on....he tied in some sort of box that had settings for all four speakers and he grounded all of the speaker wire...it was a mess! So I took that to a local stereo shop and he told me to cut that box out and just connect the wires as they should be. Well I did what he said, everything matches up...head unit turns on and functions....only problem is NO SOUND, nothing at all . The guy at the speaker shop said the crazy setup the genius Best Buy guy did might have blown my Bose amp and if that was the case I should buy all new speakers and bypass the Bose amp. Any ideas on what happened and what I should do to get everything normal again?.....
Old 04-20-2009, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on ur gm harness there should be a blue wire prly called power antenna tie that to the remote wire from ur pioneer
Old 04-23-2009, 10:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did tie the blue wire to the remote wire from the pioneer, still no sound. I did fix the problem with the battery draining, just nothing is coming out of the speakers, head unit works fine, something is not letting the sound come out of the speakers.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah the amp either doesnt have power or isnt turning on