Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Speaker Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 12:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Speaker Question

Sound system already includes:

Alpine iDA-X303 Headunit
FiQ10 Subwoofer w/ Stealth Enclosure
1000W Rockford Fosgate Amp

The rest is stock and are needing to be changed now.

So my main question is...

Do the rear seat side panels have to be component speakers? You know the ones with the Tweeter separately or no? I know the fronts need to have the tweeter separately but do the rears need them too? Im not going to bother with the small 4" speakers in the very back. Ive already disconnected those and just have them there.

Just trying to get this figured out, then start looking at some speaker options to go with. More then likely, ill run Alpine speakers too.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

The sail panel speakers (next to the rear seat) are subs and don't have tweeters. In fact, they get only low-pass filtered signal from the Monsoon amp so components, coaxials, or full range speakers will not work well there without rewiring.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With that set up you could use the rear hatch speaker signal to power the sails for rear fill if you feel you need it via a wire extension from the hatch area to the sail panels. It would be a very easy wiring job. Other then that a nice set of components for the doors and your set. I would focus my attention on the doors first and then add rear fill if necessary. I have some very good deals on higher end CDT stuff right now.
Do plan on keeping the Monsoon amp running the other speakers?
Old 06-13-2010, 12:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, im going to keep the Monsoon amp to run the speakers. The rockford amp is only running the sub.