Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Installing a door harness??

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing a door harness??

Does anyone have a walkthrough or a guide on how to install a new door harness on a 96 Ws6? Where does it connect? Please help me!! lol
Old 05-13-2009, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

ttt.....do they plug in and unplug anywhere or do i have only one choice; cut?
Old 05-13-2009, 08:41 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

There is no single plug you can disconnect. For example, when removing the door the manual says to unplug the connections inside the door (window switch, lock switch, etc.) and pull the harness out of the door. These connections are all part of the "cross car harness" which runs from side to side under the dash.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
There is no single plug you can disconnect. For example, when removing the door the manual says to unplug the connections inside the door (window switch, lock switch, etc.) and pull the harness out of the door. These connections are all part of the "cross car harness" which runs from side to side under the dash.

Damnit!!! LOL!!!! So my door harness was cut in half, do you think it would be cheaper for me to take a new one out of a salvaged car and provide them with sort of a clean slate? Or have them repair the one that is there? Its a pretty clean cut, but stuff in unplugged and there was a female connector laying on my floorboard that i dont know where it came from. Also, does it matter what year fbody it comes from, or just as long as it has all power options?
Old 05-24-2009, 03:21 AM
Banned

Hey Bro,

I had this conversation before with a guy named Jeff, he owns a Camaro/Firebird salvage yard here in Miami called Trans Am Creations. He said that the first thing to go into the cab of our cars is the door harness (it is one piece - Left Door / Right Door), then the dash/body harness, so sad to say, the door harness is tucked way in there. Give Jeff a call, this guy knows his **** form A to Z; I really think he knows these cars better than the GM line worker that put them together, lol. He knows these cars ONE WAY and that is the OEM way, so don't ask for short cuts, lol...

Jeff: 305-769-0985

DM