Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Weird electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird electrical problem

Every now and then when I have the key in the ignition in the axillary position, the inside lights will go on if i bump my steering wheel or move around in the car to make the car start moving. I'm assuming it has something to do with the shock sensor from the alarm because it only does this when there's some kind of movement or vibration in the car.

Have any of you experienced this before? Also what could I do to fix this?
Old 05-12-2009, 11:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by guitarplayersteven
Every now and then when I have the key in the ignition in the axillary position, the inside lights will go on if i bump my steering wheel or move around in the car to make the car start moving. I'm assuming it has something to do with the shock sensor from the alarm because it only does this when there's some kind of movement or vibration in the car.

Have any of you experienced this before? Also what could I do to fix this?
I doubt its your shock sensor. Is it the dome light and everything... what lights exactly?
Old 05-14-2009, 01:57 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by habeba86
I doubt its your shock sensor. Is it the dome light and everything... what lights exactly?
It's the lights on the rear view mirror. It will go on and then dim away after about 10 seconds just like if you were to open your door and shut it.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by guitarplayersteven
It's the lights on the rear view mirror. It will go on and then dim away after about 10 seconds just like if you were to open your door and shut it.
It sounds like something is loose somewhere.... couldnt say exactly. It has nothing to do with your shock sensor tho.