Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Driver door speaker VERY quiet

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 08:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Driver door speaker VERY quiet

almost mute. I only found this out by switching the fade/balance to front right and there is almost NO sound coming from it. Speaker is CDT and i am pretty sure the wiring is right. the pass door speaker sounds fine. any ideas? totally drawing a blank here
Old 05-12-2009, 10:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could be alot of stuff.... Are the speakers ran off an amp? If so , I would check the rca's on the amp. Then I would check to make sure the wiring is still godd at the crossover.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by habeba86
Could be alot of stuff.... Are the speakers ran off an amp? If so , I would check the rca's on the amp. Then I would check to make sure the wiring is still godd at the crossover.
it's a direct factory replacement speaker. stock head unit and everything.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bump

paging KEE audio
Old 05-17-2009, 08:45 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the passenger side is working fine then either the speaker is wired wrong...reversed the polarity possibly, or the speaker might be bad somehow from the factory. Rarely happens but it can. Reverse the speaker wires and see if that helps. If not then test the speaker on a known source to see if it works...like a home audio system. If the speaker is bad for some reason, CDT will replace it no problem.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
If the passenger side is working fine then either the speaker is wired wrong...reversed the polarity possibly, or the speaker might be bad somehow from the factory. Rarely happens but it can. Reverse the speaker wires and see if that helps. If not then test the speaker on a known source to see if it works...like a home audio system. If the speaker is bad for some reason, CDT will replace it no problem.
will do. didnt even think to run it on a home system. thx