Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Alarm System HELP!!!

Old 05-22-2009, 10:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm System HELP!!!

Hey guys, randomly my car will not turn start. when i unlock the door with the key i have a few seconds to put the key in the ignition and turn it before the alarm goes off, if i open the passenger door with the key the alarm goes off instantly. Ive been having issues like this morning where i will unlock the car put the key in the ignition and turn it and nothing happens and then the alarm goes off and there is no way to stop it. The after turning the key numbers of times it will randomly start. It is not the starter, anyone know whats wrong? thanks
Old 05-22-2009, 11:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like at least 2 things. 1: sounds like your alarm is set to arm with the door lock or passively(arming mode 3 or 4), read more here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...-problems.html

2: if your security light flashed, the no start can be a dirty resistor pellet in your key. Try cleaning it with alcohol. Could also be bad contacts in the ignition cylinder, could bypass to test. Read more here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...-key-made.html
Old 05-22-2009, 12:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What - no remote to turn it off?
I say go get an aftermarket alarm system install and they will disable that problem for you. or, you need to buy a remote for it and program it to your car.
Here is how to program it. Remote.doc

Search this Thread