Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

no radio reception??

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 08:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default no radio reception??

i really need some ideas on this one.. so the problem isnt with my LS1.. its my "other" ride which is a '93 bronco. everything was working fine then one day the radio went out. CD player still worked fine but no radio reception. i figured either the antenna cable came out or the tuner went bad in the stereo. i checked the cable, still in.. so i changed out the stereo with another one i pulled out of my girlfriends car a few years ago. same problem.. CD works fine, no AM or FM... i checked the continuity of the antenna. the center conductor of the wire is connected to the antenna and the shield is connected to car ground. there is no short between the antenna and ground. i even put a wire into the stereos antenna port to "create" an antenna of sorts. nothing.. not sure what to do next.. any ideas would be wonderful. thanks.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:26 AM
On The Tree

I work at a car audio place as an installer..

I would suggest getting a window mounted amplified antenna. We carry those and I'm sure any other car audio store would.

They pick up a lot better (Especially AM, if you're into that..) and aren't very big.

It does sound like theres something wrong with your antenna though, even if you can't track down the problem.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:45 AM
Teching In

thanks for the suggestion.. that seemed to be where i was leading is toward another antenna, even though it seemed theres not much that could go wrong with the factory, but i dont know what else i can do.. i guess i'll give that a shot.