Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

door speaker question (Infinity 6022si)

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 01:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question door speaker question (Infinity 6022si)

door speaker question (Infinity 6022si)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been looking for a replacement for my blown door speakers for my 2001 SS stock Monsoon system.

I called Crutchfield and they recommended the Infinity 6022si at $70. The picture on their website looks like it would be very easy to connect my tweeter wires by just cutting the tweeter wires on the 6022si and soldering them to the tweeter wires in my harness...and then connect my woofer wires directly to the 6022si terminals. What do you guys think? anyone tried these?

Thanks,
Eddie
Old 05-26-2009, 01:55 PM
On The Tree

I have ordered from Crutchfield before..and never had to do any sort of cutting or splicing. Did you ask the sales person if they also sold the kit for your particular application?

If they have a kit, it should be a plug and play setup.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Teching In

The sales person told me to connect my tweeter + and midrange + wires together and connect to + connection on 6022si...same for - side...I don't know about this.
Anybody have an opinion on this?
Thanks
Old 05-26-2009, 08:37 PM
Teching In

I put in Infinity Kappa 62.7i 6-1/2"/6-3/4" 2-way Speakers a couple months ago and love them.. . I see crutchfield no longer carries those so you might also look at the 62.9i's which seem to be the same set-up . . http://www.crutchfield.com/p_108629I...-9i.html?tp=95

I forgot how they were wired but I'll rip my door panel off tonight and let ya know

-Seth
Old 05-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Yes, cutting the leads and wiring the tweeters and mids separately will work nicely. You are essentially converting the coaxial speakers into components to match the way the factory speakers were wired. Crutchfield would not recommend this for two reasons - doing so would void any speaker warranty and they don't know squat about Monsoon system wiring.

Another option would be the CDT coaxially mounted components that Kee Audio sells. They connect to the factory wiring without any modification.

The only thing to watch out for is how bright Infinity speakers can be. Many people like the sound but several have complained that it makes their "ears bleed". It might be best to listen to some before buying to make sure you like the sound.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:59 PM
Teching In

What he said ^ I like the way mine sound but to each his own - Some people hate Infinity - I wired mine separate and left out the crossover
This will help you out - taken from monsoon FAQ
Doors
Black...Left Tweeter +
Yellow...Left Tweeter -
Dark Blue...Left Mid +
Light Blue...Left Mid -
Light Green...Right Tweeter +
Purple...Right Tweeter -
Orange...Right Mid +
Dark Green...Right Mid -
Old 05-27-2009, 11:02 AM
Teching In

I just ordered the Infinity 6022si...I will let you all know how they worked out in a few days hopefully
Old 05-31-2009, 12:17 AM
Teching In

I hate to say this but I don't think the infinity speakers you ordered will work, when I had my 01 SS I put in the 62.7i in my doors. they wired up just like the stock monsoon speakers did you don't use the crossover and just wire up the tweeter and woofer separately. Infinity speakers after this model wired the crossover inline thus making it hard to wire them separetely. Also the si at the end of the model number stands for shallow mount, you only need those if you have a conv. and don't want to use a spacer when you change the rear speakers, this way you don't break the speakers when you put the top down. hope this helps
Old 05-31-2009, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u can clip the tweet lead on the back on the 6022si and still do it
Old 06-02-2009, 06:10 AM
Teching In

I am going to clip the input crossover capacitor from the midrange input and then connect my harness tweeter wire to the input of this capacitor. Is this correct or should I connect directly to tweeter input?
Old 06-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Teching In

I have these speakers and they do work great. Yes you do have to wire them a little different, but not a big deal. I found mine on ebay for $50 , so you might get lucky.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:50 AM
Staging Lane

I just installed these in my 00 SS about 3 weeks ago and got them from crutchfield. All you have to do is wire each speaker seperately just like factory is. The adapter harnesses will work great to make it easier. Just clip wires and seperate.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:14 AM
Teching In

I just installed my Infinity 6022si door speakers in my SS. They sound as good if not better than my stock Monsoon did when it was new. I just wanted to thank all you guys that have posted (in stickies etc.) for your great help and instructions. I would not have attempted it without your help, especially removing the door panel...it is not hard...just be patient and take your time. THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!