Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Keyless entry quit working

Old 05-30-2009, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Keyless entry quit working

My keyless entry randomly quit working one day. It locked the car going into a store, and would not unlock it when I came out. I figured the battery in the remote died, so I replaced it, and still nothing. I'm thinking the BCM might have died, but today I tried reprogrmming the remote. I removed the radio fuse, turned the key on and off 3 times and the car went into programming mode. I held the lock and unlock button for 16 seconds, and still nothing. I tried a couple of times. Im thinking the remote may be dead, Im going to run up to autozone later and test it on their tester they have. If the remote shows up good, how would I check the BCM? Is there a fuse anywhere? I pulled my pass side kick panel off looking for it, and see the slot its supposed to go in, but its not there. Is the BCM in a different location on a 96 other than behind the pass side kick panel? Also, the alarm still works. If I lock the car with the lock/unlock button, shut the door and unlock it with the key, the alarm will go off.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The same thing just happened to me...... Its funny how much you miss the convenience of keyless entry. Seems like I always have something in my hands making it hard to unlock the door the hurrying up and start the car before the alarm goes off.

Anybody have an answer?

Search this Thread