Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

interceptor guage problems ,questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 11:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default interceptor guage problems ,questions

I just got some interceptor guages and am installing them.
I read manual and it says some need to hook them to 12 volt switched and you remove jumper. Some you just plug into obd2 port.
I have scanmaster and it works fine.Just plug it into obd2 port and it turns on and off no problem.

Now connected interceptor to obd2 port and it turns on. But it don't seem to turn off when turn key off. I have not waited 10 minutes or so it says it might take to turn on and not set the gauge for scan parameters either.

If I remove the jumper the guage goes out but if plug it into 12volt it don't seem to turn on? No sure whats up with this. Why don't it turn on with jumper off when plug it into 12volt. Why does it not seem to go off instantly when turn key off?
I haven't tried my other two guages got triple pack of them. I emailed interceptor they have no phone number.

Anyone else have this issue with not turning off right away. My scanmaster as said turns off with the key right away.

My car is 99 thought 99 needed to be hooked to 12 volt and the 2000 and later had the power on the obd2 port.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmm fixed up. My 99 for some reason don't need the external 12v hooked up. I left jumper on the guage and it turns on fine from the obd2 port.
I thought it wouldn't shut off but once you set parameters it does. You have to be scanning and it shuts down pretty much instant.If the guages is not scanning then it takes like 10 minutes to shut down but it does shut down.
So not sure why my 99 is like this thought only the 2000 and up didn't require separate power wire.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I removed the three wire connector and threw it away. Plugged the grey cable into the OBD2 port and everything works with out a glitch. You may have to give the gauge to a few second to come on.

I had a lot of problems with it in my 96, but it was the first year for OBD2 too.