Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

About to burn my car!! VATS and HVAC Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 04:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default About to burn my car!! VATS and HVAC Questions.

Ok... so heres the deal.

I am taking some things from a wrecked car of mine and puttin them in a shell. I moved the bcm from the 01 to the 99. Also moved the column since i want steering wheel controls. Now I got everything in place and put the key in the ignition. The gages blip for a nano second and the security light comes on. Figured since i moved the bcm the new key should work....or maybe im way off. The keyless entry works, but the trying to turn it on just blips the gagues. The milage wont show up and my gas gauge acts like a sheet in the wind bouncing back and forth. Any help would be fantastic.

The HVAC stuff has me confused to. I pulled the dash so I could run the wires for the steeringwheel controls. Put it all back and when i try the air, the blower works fine on every setting. And the Hot\Cold Seems to be working ok as well ( i hear it moving) but the air comes out of the defrost 24\7. Moving the *** does nothing. Is there a vacuum pump somewhere that operates the flaps in the ductwork?
Old 06-09-2009, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

car must be running for ductwork to move its a vacumn line
Old 06-09-2009, 06:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats what i thought. Guess ill have to wait till the motors in the car to test it! lol now to figure out the other problem. Now is the vats box the black box that clips to the ductwork behind the radio?