Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Got New Headunit and the Bass sounds extremely horrible help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 07:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got New Headunit and the Bass sounds extremely horrible help!

Okay I just recently installed a new HU which is the Alpine CDA-105. I love it with the exception of no EQ adjustment. But my sound has changed dramatically.... My sailpanels no longer provide the bass power I once had... I mean on some of my 80's rock like AC/DC and Zep it sounds alright. But if I put any modern day heavy bass music it just absolutely sucks...

I wanted to ask here before a Audio forum because I figured someone has done this with our cars already...

What can I do to improve this? I want more Bass for sure and some good sound all together. It doesnt need to be rediculously loud where I'm shaking other peoples **** just clean, crisp, and sound good at some decent volume levels..

Also I installed some Bazooka Sailpanel speakers a while back, that I purchased from Kee Audio.

I'm hoping I wont have to do a total makeover maybe an amp or something?
Old 06-14-2009, 08:49 PM
Launching!

I think I might know the potential problem. Crutchfield gives you a wireing harness adapter for the new headunit you buy. When I was splicing the wires together it only had Rear Speakers and Front Speaker Wires... Now I could be wrong but does that not mean that my sails could possibly not be connected? Now I know this cant be right because they are working just very very underpowered... Also what if the headunit is considering them speakers and not subs could that cause it to fault?

I'm not an expert but if the headunit is trying to run my sailpanel subs like a normal speaker, wouldn't my bass be very soft and that could be the problem?

Some help would be greatly appreciated!

Also the hatch speakers seem to be working just fine..

So If i only had two wires for the rear speakers and two for the fronts How are all four rears working ?
Old 06-14-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know exactly what you mean. My factory head unit sounded much better than my alpine. I added the Bazookas in the sails in hopes of gaining a little more bass but it didnt help. I gained an ipod hookup with the alpine. I gained some wow factor with the addition of a humount. But I lost my bass.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:04 PM
TECH Addict

The sail panel speakers are run from the front and/or rear wires - not sure which because I didn't bother to play with it. But no, that's not the problem.

Perhaps you have the subwoofer crossover on. You want to set the unit to know that you don't have a subwoofer, turn any highpass or subwoofer crossover off, and if the option is available, speakers to large.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:57 AM
Launching!

high pass filter you mean?

i turn that off?
Old 06-15-2009, 10:36 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Turn off any filters - the Monsoon amp already takes care of filtering signal for individual speaker locations.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:35 PM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

I have an ALPINE sub-level controller for the bazooka tube that helps with this problem. It controls the amount of bass that goes through JUST THE BAZOOKA tube.
I listen to a lot of DEATH METAL, so I like to have control of the bass separately from the rest of the music. The music just comes to life when you have full control.
Let me know interested. Thanks.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

Shouldn't be necessary in this case.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

turn all filtering off bass boost off and set the bass and treble flat and go from there
Old 06-26-2009, 10:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Turn Defeat off and Loud on.
Are you using the stock amp?