Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need some speaker help

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need some speaker help

Ok hi everyone, I do not know anything about car audio. All I know is that speakers make noise and that noise is my music which I love. Here is my problem, My car has the stock 500watt monsoon system and the speaker right behind my drivers seat,where the sail panel is started to pop and get all static like. Also the passenger front door one, do not know which of the two is doing it yet.

What I am wondering is what speakers are these (names or models) and where I can buy them from to replace them, also are they easy to replace.

I am also wondering what speakers i can buy to upgrade, if I choose to, I am sometimes a follower of the motto that if its broken get a better replacement. If anyone has a link to a good pair that will sound better please help. And will these need to be calibrated in any way or is it just plug and play.

I need a simple solution, not lazy just work a double job and time is not my friend but I love my music. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:09 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

First, read the Monsoon FAQ sticky.

Second, contact KEE Audio (a sponsor here) for speaker upgrades that will work with the Monsoon system in various price ranges.

Third...