Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

new column/wheel in the 99 maro...clockspring guru's chime in!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default new column/wheel in the 99 maro...clockspring guru's chime in!!!

ok guys i'm getting ready to put an 02 column and wheel in my 99 but I had to get a new clockspring other was toast. Ok this is for all you clockspring guru's who know your stuff.....I did a little reserach on this and was able to pull some notes, but here's the thing from what im seeing my clockspring does not have the centering window ( whats it look like pretty sure mine dont have this ) but it does have the service lock ( on to the next step) so im bettting if my notes are right it says to rotate the coil in direction of the arrow till it stops then turn it 2-1/2 revolutions back and then release and its suppose to be centered right? Now that's from where it stopped correct, so that's 2 complete turn's and then a half from where you started originally right? What about the small arrows on the front of the clockspring that point to each other mine are close from doing the above but not exactly pointing at each other? Someone shine some light on this, so when I get a chance next weekend outta college I can get this in and done finally. I just dont wanna get it all installed and install the clockspring and then find out its wrong and then i have major issues then and have to buy a new one....yikes!!!...LOL thanks guy's for any future help, I appreciate it!
Old 07-13-2009, 07:10 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont think I have taken off a GM clock spring.. but this is what I do. Count how many turns it will go from one side to the other, then go back halfway. I dont know if it is 2 1/2 turns or not. Be careful when turning it, they do break pretty easily.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, thats why I wanna be double sure on it when i install it cause once I break it thats it and got to order another one.