Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Aftermarket Head Unit

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Head Unit

Hey guys - I am about to buy a new Kenwood HU for my T/A with the monsoon system so I can have an Ipod interface, and my stock HU is about to go. I read the FAQ and saw that there is nothing special I need other than the antenna adapter,wiring harness, and the dash kit. I just want to make sure that INfo is still good, and that nothing has changed. I called a stereo shop locally to see how much I could pick up the three pieces for and they said that I need a 120.00$ "module" for the radio to work and maintain functionality. I am looking to order it tonight so if anyone can chime in and let me know that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Mike
Old 07-12-2009, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

standard gm dash kit harness and ant adapter, no 120 dollar piece
Old 07-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Teching In

When I purchased my head unit, Crutchfield gave me everything I needed to hook it up FREE. The only Item I purchased was a swi-jack $50.00 to keep the factory stearing wheel controls.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:18 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys. I am purchasing it through Crutchfield so I will get all that. I used to install stereos at a shop a while back but moved to remote starts so I wasn't too sure about the 120 piece. Appreciate the help and response.

Mike
Old 07-13-2009, 04:35 AM
Staging Lane

what they said.. side note.. how you like that deck?
Old 07-13-2009, 08:09 AM
Staging Lane

If your talking to me lol I havent got the deck yet. I ordered it last night and according to Crutchfield it should be here in 2-3 days. I messed around with the deck at bestbuy and it was awesome. It is a Kenwood 942U. The volume **** on the stock radio and about to go out and one of the preset buttons doesnt work, so it is time for a new one.

Mike