Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

bought some boston SX 6.5" and have a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default bought some boston SX 6.5" and have a few questions

i just got some boston SX 6.5's for my front doors. i'm impressed with the clarity and crispness, but they severely lack the low mid chunk and volume the factory speakers had(metal/hardcore guitar). i'm reluctant to put the same speakers in my back seat panels. what should i get? or will the same speakers sound better using the quarter panels as enclosures?

also i'm wondering if i should use a higher wattage for the middle speakers since they're bridged together with the front and rear channels.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm also considering enlarging the holes in the panels to install 6x9's
Old 07-18-2009, 04:19 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

First, read the Monsoon FAQ sticky. Those speakers will sound even worse in the sail panels than in the doors. The sail panel speakers are 6.5" subs so a full range speaker won't work well.

If you're serious about putting 6x9 speakers in there, I have an 8-track player I've been trying to get rid of... they're about the same level of technology. An oval speaker will NEVER sound as good as the equivalent round speaker.