Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Pioneer 7100BT/Kicker/Viper Install Complete (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 10:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer 7100BT/Kicker/Viper Install Complete (pics)

Well it takes MUCH longer than we would have expected, but we got it all in. Considering limited experience in doing this, it took the two of us roughly 9 hours to put everything in (so 18 work hours total). That was about twice as long as we had originally thought.

Excuse the mess - I am detailing the car later today so since I am paying for it, someone else can vacuum up the mess we left behind.

List of components:
HU Mount (going to dimmer wire/power)
Pioneer 7100BT (IPOD/USB's, BT microphone up high)
New wiring harness
Kicker 10" CVX Sub in a custom stealth box
Kicker KS Series speakers (doing all 6 including the hatch ones because I can)
Kicker 500.1 AMP (for SUB) and Kicker 350.4 (for speakers) mounted on the wall under the hatch lock catch
Power Acoustik CAPCELL-600
Lots of dynamat for doors, behind speakers, trunk, etc
Lots of 4 gauge wiring, mounting gear and other random stuff
E2 300A Fuse in front
Viper Alarm 1002 w/ LED display which was thrown in

We are going to put matching carpet on the stealth box - we just have to wait for it to arrive probably Tuesday so no nasty comments on the glue/gray that is in there now.

Most importantly it sounds awesome. It was raining on the way home and with the windows closed it was deafening at about 20% max volume.

E2 300A install

Back trunk space. Nothing can be seen with the hatch down and with the trunk separator up it you have to be standing at the right angle to see anything with the hatch up. T-Tops fit in with less than 1" of clearance on the passenger one. I am going to put a small wedge in the passenger slot just to move the clearance up to about 1"

HU Mount and new Pioneer head unit Views. I am going to need to fill in some spaces to stop the HUMount coming through in a couple of places. Any suggestions on what I should use here??? Bluetooth microphone right above the rear view mirror works outstandingly. Haven't tried it with the T-Tops off, but with the windows down it is clear at both ends.

Viper 1002 Install

Clean up, stealth box carpet and plugging in the gaps on the HUMount is left to do sometime in the coming week.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:16 AM
Teching In

cool install, do you like the humount?
Old 07-18-2009, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

looking good,

hey bro play it safe 300A fuse i way too much for a 4awg wire, maximun recomended fuse for a 4 awg wire is 125A fuse, Using a smaller fuse than what's recommended will be perfectly safe.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mr. CPG Trans Am
cool install, do you like the humount?
I think it looks totally awesome. If I can find a way to block the leaking light that looks good it will be perfect.

They are totally worth what they cost and look great in person. They are certainly much better than any of the 1.5 DIN mounting kits I saw in various local car audio stores.

IMHO if you are going to spend four-figures on a system, why would you try to go cheap on a part you are going to look at every time you are in the car.

I was worried I went red on the HUMount and blue on the HU but it looks fine at night. There just wasn't a red backlit unit I really wanted except the Eclipse 5030 and I couldn't lay my hands on one when I was ready to go.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nice clean install man.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:57 AM
TECH Resident

Looks nice. I get that same dent in the carpet right where the hatch closing latch is... I hate it lol. I poke it out every time I open it up. But looks good. After the color change for the box it should look even better.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1badWS6
Looks nice. I get that same dent in the carpet right where the hatch closing latch is... I hate it lol. I poke it out every time I open it up. But looks good. After the color change for the box it should look even better.
Yes it should...

Car is being dyno tuned today and the carpet has shipped so should be here tomorrow. We'll detail the car when it is all finished and that is probably the last thing I am planning on doing to this car this year.

I will also probably get a set of drag tires/rims to put on the car for track days.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:26 AM
Mat
Launching!

Did you get the LED kit for the HUMount?
Old 07-23-2009, 11:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mat
Did you get the LED kit for the HUMount?
The mini-lamp? Yes. The way they come now is not how they show it on their website anymore where you have to screw in lights etc. Just connect the power, mount it and away you go.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice and Clean install.

Whats the bluetooth mic for?

Does the HU have voice command options or does it have the setting for putting music on mute and accept phone calls through car's speakers?
Old 07-25-2009, 07:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
Nice and Clean install.

Whats the bluetooth mic for?

Does the HU have voice command options or does it have the setting for putting music on mute and accept phone calls through car's speakers?
Both...

This HU really has it all when it comes to bluetooth. Voice command, auto-mute and accept calls when they come in, caller on the speakers, contact sync, and bluetooth audio stream (for music from bluetooth device). Everything works on the HU, the HU remote or on the phone - doesn't matter where you initiate things from.

Everything sounds really clear even with the t-tops off. With the windows up callers can hear everyone talking in the car - even people in the back seat. It is like a really nice speakerphone.

It is also - very importantly - remembers what volume you use the phone at. Very important when you are blasting your music big time and a call comes in.

It all works much better than I expected and is pretty impressive. Exceeded my expectations anyway.

Quick Reply: Pioneer 7100BT/Kicker/Viper Install Complete (pics)