Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Speaker replacement question

Old 07-19-2009, 11:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker replacement question

Well my brother is in Afghanistan and left me his 01 ss To store. Well he sent me an email wanting me to have all the speakers replaced. Would best buy or something like that be ok? I can do it my self is there a place online i can buy them all in a set or something? What would you guys do? Money wise he sent me 300 i don't mind throwing in extra either.
Thanks for the help guys
Old 07-19-2009, 11:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't replace the speakers if it's just sitting in storage. If you know when he'll be coming back and he wants them replaced when he gets back, then do it like the previous weekend. No reason to spend the money right now, and besides, speakers do degrade over time.

Would Best Buy have speakers good enough? That depends on what you think good enough is. I wouldn't be satisfied with what they sell, but probably most people would be. If you do buy speakers there, get either component speakers or coaxials (2-ways). Do NOT get anything with more than 2 "ways." What did he specifically want you to spend that $300 on? All the speakers?

Regardless, I recommend disconnecting the rear hatch speakers, and either replacing the fronts and sails, or replacing the fronts and disconnecting the sails in favor of getting a stealthbox subwoofer. Or you could replace the fronts and get a good amplifier for them.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...cdt-setup.html
Old 07-21-2009, 06:25 PM
On The Tree

You would be better off doing it yourself if you have any mechanical abilities. I have fixed several cars of friends that have had all kinds of electronics put in there cars. The wiring is always a hack job and a mess. Now they just pay me to do it.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Teching In

holey sht those are expensive
http://www.cdtaudio.com/pdf/cl_series_msrp09.pdf

any other suggestions?
Old 07-23-2009, 11:38 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kokomo Tint & Dent
holey sht those are expensive
http://www.cdtaudio.com/pdf/cl_series_msrp09.pdf

any other suggestions?
Thats' why you should go through me for them .

Search this Thread