Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Steering Wheel Controls Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Wheel Controls Question

In the next couple weeks i'm finally installing my carputer setup. I want to keep the steering wheel controls and will be wiring them to a usb controller, but want to wire each wheel button to a separate controller button rather than the one voltage wire to a joystick (which can be glitchy).

I thought people had said it was in the buttons themselves that the voltage regulation occurred, but there is only 1 feed to the radio instead of two and in pictures of the harness on ebay and in bulb replacement how-to's there seem to be several wires coming off each side.

So my question is, where exactly do they become voltage regulated in the car and how possible would it be to have a wire for each button?
Old 08-03-2009, 01:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steering wheel control wiring diagram?
Old 08-03-2009, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for that. it helped a lot. i didnt even think to add the word diagram in my searching.

I found a program that might actually work well with the resistance since i dont want to have to send wires through the steering column/modify the buttons. Here's a link for the few carputer guys on here in case they find this thread. (Download link on last page)

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/inpu...-controls.html

Thanks again for the help

Quick Reply: Steering Wheel Controls Question