Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Replacing Tweeters in a stock monsoon camaro?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 05:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing Tweeters in a stock monsoon camaro?????

Can I buy aftermarket tweeters and mount them in the a pillars near the windshield and still use the stock monsoon system? I would use the wiring from the door tweeters and run it to the a pillars if it would work. All the rest of the system is stock and I would like to keep it that way as I don't have money to "ditch the stock and get xxxxxx" etc.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:57 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Yes, it will work.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It won't sound ideal, but you can do it. I'd cut the tweeters in the door speakers out of the circuit. I highly recommend Seas Neo tweeters. Both the silk and the metal versions are very good.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dragonrage
It won't sound ideal, but you can do it. I'd cut the tweeters in the door speakers out of the circuit. I highly recommend Seas Neo tweeters. Both the silk and the metal versions are very good.
I know it won't be the best but money is tight now and I am looking to due budget improvements until I can totally overhaul. I am hoping it will sound better than the stock tweeters and since the a-pillars are supposed to be in a better position for the sound stage it should be some improvement correct?

I have heard silk tweeters are better than metal? what should I look for in a tweeter as far as materials (construction) is concerned?
Old 08-11-2009, 10:44 PM
TECH Addict

I've got some Rockford 6.5, with tweeters, that I pulled out of a wrecked TA. They look to be good quality. I'm wondering how they will sound. The stock ones are busted both sides, so it has to sound better. It looks like there is a filter on there. I hope it comes out ok.. Did you ever get around to doing it?