Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Viper alarm system with pager?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 08:11 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viper alarm system with pager?

Has anyone had any problems with this alarm? I dont like messing around with electronics in these cars, all I want is the pager unit really no key less start or any of that stuff. Thanks for any help
Old 08-12-2009, 10:03 AM
TECH Regular

I've got the Python version of the Viper 2-way pager unit (same company, same parts, just a different sticker) the only "problem" that I have had was due to operator error...I closed me rear hatch on the key fob one day and cracked the LCD screen. As far as product though...can't really complain. I have one of the units that boast a "up to 1 mile range" and it works great as long as I'm not inside any concrete buildings.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the whole package. windows trunk and remote start and love it. you WILL need to get the trunk release to use the remote to open your trunk. as far as the 2 way pager goes. its nice b/c if your alarm goes off it does the same alarm on the remote

it will also let you know what buttons you have pressed. my only dislike about it is that if you press a button accidentally out of range it starts to scream at you and everyone looks like wtf is that.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

I spent 400 bucks on a viper alarm. Only to have it removed a couple months later. The thing was cheesy. They guys never did get it wired to open my hatch an remote start. The whole thing was a waste for me
Old 08-14-2009, 12:47 PM
TECH Regular

^ Most alarm shops frown on puttin remote start on manual transmission cars...that could've been why they didn't hook it up for you. The hatch pop though...tsk tsk on them.