Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Question about aftermarket alarm!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 10:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Question about aftermarket alarm!

When I bought my 1999 trans am it had already installed an aftermarket alarm, it says on the transmitter "ENFORCER", I've looked all over and can't find any information or link to it or a manual. Everything works and responds well, only problem is that I have to be standing very close to vehicle, if I stand more 3 ft away it will not respond, even though all buttons seem to work and the LED on transmitter lights up when pressing any button. I have cleaned internally transmitter, put in a new battery and it does the same. What else could it be? Another thing, transmitter has 4 buttons: PANIC, LOCK, UNLOCK and a star or " * ", I was never able to pop up the hatch with it, seems like that option was never programmed into transmitter. Thanks in advance for any help, this is driving me nuts!
Old 08-27-2009, 03:16 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Wow, 10 seconds on Google got me the website of the manufacturer: www.seco-larm.com. They still have an Enforcer line and they have a support section but it appears to be mostly for current models. Perhaps there is some kind of model number or serial number on the unit that would help identify which model you have and you could get a manual from them. You can call them at 800-662-0800.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I never use Google.... but I really appreciate your help! I will check them out. Thanks for the great help!