Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Installing a new head unit

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing a new head unit

Ok so I just bought a new head unit and I would like to know what i need to do to keep my steering wheel controls funtional. I am just waiting on the humount face plate to come in and I am ready to install.

This is the head unit I bought.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1216424485972

I am no wiring genius and all the wires got me very confused. Any wiring help would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry if this has been asked. I just couldnt find the answer.

Last edited by 20Formula01; 09-03-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

The wiring is easy if you use a wiring adapter. The wiring adapter connects color to color with the wires on the head unit then the whole thing just plugs into the factory harness. You don't have to worry about which wire goes where... just connect the red wire to red, the yellow wire to yellow, etc.

Your link doesn't work - it's probably a search you did which only works for that browser session. In any case, if the head unit supports wired remote control then you need a SWI-JACK for JVC, Alpine, Clarion, and Kenwood or a SWI-PS for Pioneer and Sony. This is all in a thread just a couple above yours titled "Steering Wheel Interface Question" (imagine that ).
Old 09-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya sorry I just noticed that after i posted this.

The head unit i bought is a Sony CDX-GT330