Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

New sound system for a 98' Firebird

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New sound system for a 98' Firebird

Hello everyone,
I have a 98' firebird and am looking to get a new sound system. I do not have t-tops but dont want to lose my trunk space. I found that JL sells a stealthbox that goes into the rear side panel on the drivers side and doesnt take up any space. It is a Custom-fit fiberglass enclosure with 10" JL W3v3 subwoofer. When i bought the car it didn't have the two rear speakers (the ones next to the backseats) and I am thinking about getting new ones to install there and possibly power them with the amp. I put in a set of Kicker DS650's in the door side panels and just power them with my Pioneer DEH-1300 deck.

If anyone has any suggestions about if the JL Stealthbox is a good way to go or if I should get something different I would appreciate it. Also I dont know what type of amp I should get if I am gonna be powering the speakers as well as the sub so if anyone knows a amp that would be the best bang for the buck. I am thinking that I will only want a sub that can fit in that back panel cause i dont wanna lose any trunk space.

Thanks guys,
PBendel

Quick Reply: New sound system for a 98' Firebird