Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Is this toggle switch wiring correct!!??

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 02:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is this toggle switch wiring correct!!??

I got this new 6-pin toggle switch from radio shack for my QTP cutout. Im just really bad at wiring stuff. I saw a diagram (picture below) and tried to copy it but the cutout still doesn't open when i hit the switch. So take a look and let me know if the wiring is correct.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Is this toggle switch wiring correct!!??-switch_wiring.jpg   Is this toggle switch wiring correct!!??-1104092347.jpg   Is this toggle switch wiring correct!!??-1104092348.jpg  
Old 11-05-2009, 02:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Probably no help, but thought I'd post anyway. Is your switch a "momentary" switch? Thinking that's what you need for a cutout. Years ago people were using GM convertible top switches to operate the QTP. A search for "qtp convertible switch" (without quotes) should turn up pinouts and a possible wiring diagram. Hope this helps.....
Old 11-05-2009, 04:10 PM
TECH Addict

It looks right. Try reversing the polarity of the pigtail.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

EDIT: nvm saw the diagram, pointless post
Old 11-05-2009, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28
Probably no help, but thought I'd post anyway. Is your switch a "momentary" switch? Thinking that's what you need for a cutout. Years ago people were using GM convertible top switches to operate the QTP. A search for "qtp convertible switch" (without quotes) should turn up pinouts and a possible wiring diagram. Hope this helps.....

It is a momentary switch. And yeah ive heard of people using the convertible top switches, i really want to do that but i havent found one yet. Im just trying this one for now.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

Hey where is a good place to connect the power wire just to try out the switch to see if the cutout opens or not?
Old 11-05-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Regular

Personally I think the easiest one to get to is the one that power the cigarette lighter. Your wiring looks good as far as I can tell from the picture. Just in case you don't know.............If your wiring is right and it still wont open and you want to check to make sure the motor on the cut-out is still good just put power to one wire and ground the other, coming off the motor.

Quick Reply: Is this toggle switch wiring correct!!??