Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

remote horn honks once, instead of twice when locked

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 12:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remote horn honks once, instead of twice when locked

hey guys. quick q. i have remote locks and usually when u hit the lock, it will lock and honk twice. or if it is already locked, it will honk once. for some reason, recently my car (98 SS) has been honking once instead of twice. it did that once when i had a dead tail light bulb, but i fixed it and it started honking twice again. now out of the blue its honking just once. any ideas??
Old 02-09-2010, 12:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not really the section for this. But, I've wondered the same thing many times. Then, I'd just mess with the remote and keep locking it, and unlocking it until it started honking twice again. lol. The best one is on T/A's, when the headlight motor is out, the one that works will flip up and down when you lock it. Gotta love the warning signals when locking the car. lol
Old 02-09-2010, 12:53 AM
12 Second Club

Slam the hatch or a door.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:14 AM
12 Second Club

Mine only does that when a door is not shut all the way or the hatch. Like the above post said slam the hatch.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up AH HA! figured it out!

you guys were along the right line. there is actually a little lever looking thing right by the bottom (receiving) end of the latch. i pulled the carpet liner thing out to work on the tail lights and it got caught under it when i put it back down. it has been holding the latch, which is the sensor, down the whole time so it could never spring back up and let it know it was latched, even though it was the whole time!

thanks for the help!
Old 02-10-2010, 07:59 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by davy
you guys were along the right line. there is actually a little lever looking thing right by the bottom (receiving) end of the latch. i pulled the carpet liner thing out to work on the tail lights and it got caught under it when i put it back down. it has been holding the latch, which is the sensor, down the whole time so it could never spring back up and let it know it was latched, even though it was the whole time!

thanks for the help!
sweet dealio

Quick Reply: remote horn honks once, instead of twice when locked