Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sound deadening

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound deadening

Where are the critical spots on these cars to put sound deadening material. I am going to do the inside and out of the doors, rear hatch lid so the subs don't pound it to pieces... Maybe the inside of the foot wells so the components sing like a concert up front.

any other idea's, or must do's greatly appreciated
Old 04-08-2010, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would do the doors, entire trunk area, and floors up front. That should get rid of alot of the noise. To be honest, doing the entire floor would be best, but doing these areas should give you the best result.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

Appreciate it, that is alot or work but I bet it would be worth it after it's all said and done.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 99345hp
i would do the doors, entire trunk area, and floors up front. That should get rid of alot of the noise. To be honest, doing the entire floor would be best, but doing these areas should give you the best result.
+1

The trunk isnt that hard to do, I ended up going up to the rear bucket seats (didnt feel like pulling out the seats at the time). One other thing I had to do afterwards was use the spray dynomat stuff on the rear light housings bc those were rattling with the subs as well.